Major new release of mocha Pro planar tracking and masking software features GPU acceleration, plug-in option, and numerous workflow enhancements for visual effects and post-production.
Guildford, UK – April 11, 2016 – Imagineer Systems will be debuting Mocha Pro 5, the most significant version of its Academy Award-winning planar tracking, masking, object removal, and image stabilization software, at the National Broadcasters Show (NAB) in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 18-21, Booth SL7620. Additionally, Imagineer will showcase a new technology preview of 360 enabled virtual reality tools co-developed with parent company, Boris FX.
Mocha Pro is the popular planar tracking and effects tool used on feature films and television shows, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Walking Dead, and many more. The new Mocha Pro version 5 adds GPU-accelerated planar tracking for speed increases and the ability to run as a plug-in within hosts such as Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC, After Effects® CC, Avid Media Composer, and OFX hosts such as The Foundry’s NUKE and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.
“This release is focused on core improvements for speed and accessibility,” says Ross Shain, CMO of the newly merged Boris FX and Imagineer Systems group of companies. “For Mocha Pro 5, the goal was to to address the top feature requests from VFX and post artists. Imagineer engineers collaborated closely with the team at Boris FX to update our planar tracking algorithm to take advantage of GPU video cards. The resulting speed increases on 4K projects have been tremendous.” Shain continues, “Another useful new feature is the plug-in option. Now editors and VFX artists can apply the Mocha Pro plug-in directly to their shot and use the host media engine for an improved efficient workflow… this completely removes time consuming (import/export) steps and, more importantly, will bring useful planar tracking tools to new editing effects and finishing systems including Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and upcoming support for The Foundry’s NUKE, and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.”
New in mocha Pro 5:
- New Plug-in Option: Mocha Pro 5 will be available as a plug-in option for multiple hosts. This new capability takes all of the unique planar tracking, roto, and remove tools and makes them fully accessible in Avid Media Composer, After Effects CC & Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, and The Foundry Nuke.
- GPU tracking: Mocha planar tracking has been updated to take advantage of GPU for fast motion tracking on high resolution sources. Early testing is showing 2x speed improvements.
- Python: New improvements to Python scripting allow Mocha Pro 5 to integrate with asset management systems and background render systems for improved facility integration.
- Improved online licensing mechanism allows users to easily activate/deactivate a license and run Mocha on their computer of choice.
- New export formats: Includes tracking and masking support for Blackmagic Fusion, Silhouette, and MochaBlend for Maxon Cinema 4D.
- New pricing:With a starting list price of $695, the mocha Pro 5 plug-in option is the most affordably priced release of mocha Pro to date.
Early beta testers are already giving Mocha Pro 5 glowing reviews. Yoram Tal, a colorist & online editor on hit TV shows such as ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and upcoming American Grit on FOX proclaims, “The Mocha Pro 5 Avid plug-in is exactly what I have been asking for. As a finishing artist, I am tasked with difficult corrections and fixes, so the ability to run Mocha as an Avid plug-in gives me a huge time-saving benefit. Also, the GPU planar tracker speed increase helps me get shots done quicker. Together, the new Mocha Pro plug-in and the recent incorporation of Mocha technology into Boris Continuum 10 plug-ins are probably the most significant effects tool advancements in recent Media Composer history.”
NAB Show Special: From April 11 to April 25, 2016 all Boris FX/Imagineer products are on sale for 15% off. Offer is limited to one purchase per customer. Visit Imagineer Systems for more details.
Special guest artists will be on hand at NAB 2016 in booth SL7620 to show how they use Mocha Pro 5 to accomplish high-end visual effects, graphics, and finishing techniques. View the guest presenter lineup.
To make a press appointment at NAB, contact Jessie Electa Petrov, Director of Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-451-9900.
About Imagineer Systems
UK based Imagineer Systems is the Academy Award-winning developer of Mocha: Planar Tracking based visual effects solutions for film and video post production. Imagineer has made its mark on major feature films including: Star Wars: Episode VII, The Hobbit, and the Harry Potter series. In 2015, Imagineer Systems was acquired by Boris FX, a leading developer of effects, titling, and workflow plug-ins for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Together the newly merged Boris FX / Imagineer Systems company group services millions of editing and visual effects professionals worldwide.
Jessie Electa Petrov
Director of Marketing, Boris FX & Imagineer Systems