Seamlessly Transfer Apple Final Cut Pro Sequences to Avid Media Composer
Marlborough MA - August 10, 2010 - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced the availability of Boris AAF Transfer, a new plug-in designed for seamless transfer of Apple Final Cut Pro sequences to Avid Media Composer.
Editors can use Boris AAF Transfer to transfer an entire live Apple Final Cut Pro program sequence with media, markers, cuts, dissolves, filters, and audio preserved. The transferred sequence can be edited and finished in the Avid Media Composer timeline without returning to Final Cut Pro. Editors can edit Final Cut Pro sequences live in Media Composer - either on the same system or any other Macintosh or Windows Media Composer system.
"I demonstrated Boris AAF Transfer at the June Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group Meeting and there is widespread interest in this type of workflow tool," commented Steve Kanter, an Avid and Apple Certified Editor and Final Cut Studio Master Trainer who specializes in cross-platform migration. "The ability to transfer video clips and still images while preserving alpha channel information is a unique feature that will be appreciated by editors working in a collaborative Apple Final Cut Pro / Avid Media Composer editing environment."
Boris AAF Transfer Feature Highlights
- Alpha Channel Support. Transfer still images and video clips while retaining alpha channel information. The transferred sequence appears exactly the same in Media Composer as it did in Final Cut Pro.
- Boris Continuum Complete Compatibility. Transfer Boris Continuum Complete filters and transitions that were applied to clips in the Final Cut Pro timeline while retaining all of the keyframed changes. The BCC filters are seamlessly transferred into Media Composer as long as the corresponding BCC filter or transition effect is present in the Media Composer host where the transferred sequence is opened.
- Motion Tab Support. Boris AAF Transfer translates many of Final Cut Pro's Motion Tab features including basic motion, crop, opacity, and speed.
- Text Generators. Convert Final Cut Pro's built-in text generators into Avid Title Tool effects.
- Time Effects. Boris AAF Transfer supports many of Final Cut Pro's time-based effects.
Pricing and Availability
Boris AAF Transfer is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $299 USD or an MSRP of $399 USD when bundled with the Boris XML Transfer plug-in for Adobe After Effects. Boris AAF Transfer supports Final Cut Pro 6 and higher and Media Composer 4 and higher. A free, full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for immediate download from www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.